Enjoy learning without grading



How might we encourage students to enjoy learning everyday without grading everything they do?


This is my challenge and my project as innovator for Google for Education #SWE19.

I have worked as a teacher for 30 years. Right now I'm an education and technology integration teacher in 3 schools in Mölndal. I work with leaders, teachers and students in the classrooms.
Loop about G Suite
I am a lead teacher integrating education and technology in my community and in Sweden. 
I build digital learning materials for Loops Education.
I do workshops and trainings for lineducation - digitalization, G Suite, programming etc.

There are too many young students who has lost the joy of learning in schools today. 
25 years ago we didn't have grades for students until 7th years in school. We could dig deep into something interesting and include many subjects in one big project. My experience is that they really enjoyed learning about everything - they were excited and curious to learn.
Today, as soon as a teacher introduce something new - the students ask:

  • Do I have to learn this?
  • What do I have to do to get an A?
  • Is this enough?
Why? Because of the grades.
How can we get the spark of joy in the eyes of children when they are learning something new?

I have a Google site where you can read more about my project. 

Smiley Card



Kommentarer